Cast & Compare 7/24/10 8am - noon

Cast & Compare – 7/24/10 - 8am until noon, Glenwood FP, Batavia.

Sequel to the Short Rod Shootout – we will test cast a group of rods & line weights designed for warmwater & larger flies. New TFO and Scott rods will be on hand with Rio & Scientific Anglers Sharkskin lines. Members are encouraged to bring their choice of rods they like to compare & for others to try. Also bring your waders.

Offered by the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance & One More Cast fly shop.

Questions call John Loebach, ISA Flyfishing Director 630/251-5904 or

Joseph Meyers at One More Cast 708/482-4990

• 2 weeks later...

I found out today that the TFO rep is bringing new Gary Loomis designed spinning rod models. He signed on with TFO this spring & these rods are not to market yet. I saw some in May & they are quality rods that will market retail for about $100.00. TFO has routinely produced rods that compete in performance with rods 2 to 4 times the price. All the spin guys should take note.

With the high water levels instead of Mondays fishing outing I will bring the Scott rods to Hidden Lake FP Rte. 53 south of Butterfield at 6pm on Monday 7/26. Meet near the facilities on the north end of Round Meadow Lake. I'll have to return these to the Scott rep after. Maybe we can get the TFO rep out another time.

Guest rich mc

did Kevin "Monsoon" Dells have anything to do with this event? reminds me of when he scheduled an event and rockford got blasted with a micro burst. rich