Quad City Region Apple River Wading Trip ????

With recent rains, gage height and discharge flow is high. I will speak with the park ranger later this week to check river conditions. If necessary we will reschedule this event for July. I will post an update by Thursday evening.

Dave Jones

One good thing about the Apple is it does have the ability to drop back to normal levels quicker than most IL rivers. If you do have to reschedule, keep in mind that I have a NW regional wading trip scheduled for July 18th on the Apple. I've only had 2 RSVP's for my trip so far so if you want to have a combined region trip, that could work.

One good thing about the Apple is it does have the ability to drop back to normal levels quicker than most IL rivers. If you do have to reschedule, keep in mind that I have a NW regional wading trip scheduled for July 18th on the Apple. I've only had 2 RSVP's for my trip so far so if you want to have a combined region trip, that could work.

Thanks Paul, We may join you if we reschedule. Have you fished the Apple this year yet? I have once, the first Friday of June and had decent luck

Dave

Dave: I fished the Apple once this year a couple of days after an intense 0.5 to 1" rain. As it usually does, the river level shot up and quickly returned to a wadeable level on the day I fished. One thing I didn't consider was the turbidity - never saw this stream so muddy. Visibility was down to about 6-8" when it usually is more than 24-30". Makes for an interesting wade when you can't see where you're putting your feet. Fishing was tough as well.