A few new flies

Jonn Graham

I have been playing at the vise again. :D God, I love this fly tying thing. If it was not for my vise, I would be going insane this winter. Here are three flies I have been messing with of late.

1vja1.jpg

Above fly is my first attempt at the Davy Wooton Shad.

xbhdzd.jpg

Many of you know this one...........Chernobyl Ant

29asbr4.jpg

The above fly is one that I just kinda came up with. I know, I know some other tyer has already come up with it, but it is new to me. My attempt was to come up with a fly that was heavy and bulky and would lurk on the bottom and imitate a madtom, sculpin, or anything that lives in the rocks that the smallmouths pounce on. Have not even dropped it into the sink yet as I finished it last night around 10:00.

If you want any more details about the flies, you can find them at my blog:

http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?streamstalker

I have been playing at the vise again. :D God, I love this fly tying thing. If it was not for my vise, I would be going insane this winter. Here are three flies I have been messing with of late.

1vja1.jpg

Above fly is my first attempt at the Davy Wooton Shad.

xbhdzd.jpg

Many of you know this one...........Chernobyl Ant

29asbr4.jpg

The above fly is one that I just kinda came up with. I know, I know some other tyer has already come up with it, but it is new to me. My attempt was to come up with a fly that was heavy and bulky and would lurk on the bottom and imitate a madtom, sculpin, or anything that lives in the rocks that the smallmouths pounce on. Have not even dropped it into the sink yet as I finished it last night around 10:00.

If you want any more details about the flies, you can find them at my blog:

http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?streamstalker

Jonn

Your fur variation on the Chernobyl which is foam would be deadly on bluegills much like a sinking spider, my favorite fly for them.Good looking sculpin.I don't know why more flies don't have upturned hooks.Less snag prone.

By the way how did you stay sane during cold winters before you started tying? Were you nuts from Dec.-Mar.?