pfd for kayaks

Guest rich mc

I own one of these from Cabela's and really find it to be comfortable:

Cabela's Comfort Mesh Vest - Adult Item:9IS-943049

They are on sale right now. Here's the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=netcon&id=0036404943049a&navCount=3&podId=0036404943049&parentId=cat21312&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

The site reviews suggest ordering a size larger than you normally would. Since mine is in my kayak up in the rafters of the garage, I can't take a look for validation.

Rich,

For comfort I really like my Sospenders for all types of fishing since they are out of the way till inflated. Since I am no longer immortal and have no ilusions about my swimming skills, I just wear it all the time on the water. They cost more, but if you do a lot of fishing, it turns into less than a dollar a trip after a while like the cost of a decent rod and reel. Now I would not use them for white water kayaking since a full high flotation PFD is best there.