No smallies,No problem

ronk

Though smb fishing hasn't been kind to me lately his cousin has taken up the slack nicely.Bassbugged among the pads this am from 1st light -830.Hit 7 lmb with 3 being photo worthy at 16,19, & 21".

Having caught several 20" lmb this is my biggest though it's a half inch shy of last year's monster Kankakee smb.Fished a Gerbubble Bug the whole time,an old tried & true pattern that's rare these days probably because it's difficult to tie.I can't begin to count the # of lmb I've caught with it over the years.I've only got a few left. Wish they were still available.

Yes I released the fish after the photo & No keeping them stringered the way I do while floatubing does them no significant harm as witness the 17" I caught last week having a small hole in his jaw right behind the lower lip from having been caught & stringered by me on a recent previous outting.

Guest airbornemike

Ron that thing looks huge, nice picture. I have not reached 20" yet this season with LMB or smallies.....gurgle bug huh? I've gota few still.

Guest airbornemike
People might be having heartattacks if those were smallies on the stringer, j/k nice fish

i use a mesh laundry sack when i fish for gills that i'm gonna keep for the table. if the count is to low i release them unharmed.

i use a mesh laundry sack when i fish for gills that i'm gonna keep for the table. if the count is to low i release them unharmed.

Sean

As long as my experience tells me it does the fish no appreciable harm I don't care what anybody without that experience thinks and wouldn't hesitate while floatubing to stringer smallies on a steel clip stringer for later release..It's better than a braided one snce it makes a smaller hole and being smooth doesn't cause additional abrasion to the hole as braided might.

Mike

I use a commercial floating wire basket.It's easier putting the gills into than a subsurface container.Any such type of container is of course for only panfish not gamefish.