St Croix's New Service Policy

Mark K

Is it better than lifetime warranty broken for any reason return it with 20$ check we'll fix or replace? Doesn't seem like it. Seems like specific reasons to reject previous lifetime waranty if its been used.

More clear, yes.

Is it better than lifetime warranty broken for any reason return it with 20$ check we'll fix or replace? Doesn't seem like it. Seems like specific reasons to reject previous lifetime waranty if its been used.

More clear, yes.

I like the "Gold Star Plan" and the others, cause most of the time you break a rod, it's your fault.

Similar to Loomis' expediter service, which I used a couple of times now.

I'm about to return 2 St Croix rods that got smashed in baggage on a plane. I'd be out $340 bucks. I'm going to pay a $100 and get two brand spankin' new rods...with the option to...heh...heh...upgrade.

Prior to this I'd be out of luck. Actually, I'm not sure why I saved the rods, since they were pretty much graphite tooth picks.

You can't beat it. It's like an insurance policy witha $50 dollar deductable.

And the new St. Croix Avids are darn nice rods to boot. The quality is very nice now.

I like the "Gold Star Plan" and the others, cause most of the time you break a rod, it's your fault.

Similar to Loomis' expediter service, which I used a couple of times now.

I'm about to return 2 St Croix rods that got smashed in baggage on a plane. I'd be out $340 bucks. I'm going to pay a $100 and get two brand spankin' new rods...with the option to...heh...heh...upgrade.

Prior to this I'd be out of luck. Actually, I'm not sure why I saved the rods, since they were pretty much graphite tooth picks.

You can't beat it. It's like an insurance policy witha $50 dollar deductable.

And the new St. Croix Avids are darn nice rods to boot. The quality is very nice now.

I was under the impression St.Croix took Avids back regardless previously despite what the policy stated. They took one of my Avids back no questions asked. I have heard as much from others. Have you tried to return your smashed rods Mark?

I was under the impression St.Croix took Avids back regardless previously despite what the policy stated. They took one of my Avids back no questions asked. I have heard as much from others. Have you tried to return your smashed rods Mark?

Maybe an Avid Fly Rod. I don't think spinning and casting rods. Yes they have been pretty liberal with replacing for me too, so they might have. But these are flat out smashed in the butt section. I would have been embarrased to ask.

Regardless 50 bucks is perfectly fair.

Maybe an Avid Fly Rod. I don't think spinning and casting rods. Yes they have been pretty liberal with replacing for me too, so they might have. But these are flat out smashed in the butt section. I would have been embarrased to ask.

Regardless 50 bucks is perfectly fair.

I hear ya in your case. I hope this doesn't signal St.Croix disputing every claim. Usually clearing something up like this signals cost cutting.

I'm excited for you for the new rods.