Hairy Fodder

skjordan

Fished the South Vermillion River system last week with fellow member Chuck Kolesar and managed to pick up this nice fat smallie .

My fishing partner had just thrown his plastic worm at a root ball about six times when he turned away remarking "no one home there".

I had been busy tying on a hairy fodder and decided to put a cast behind the rootball. Turned out there was a hungry 19 1/4"er living in that hole after all. Chuck is still telling me I caught "his fish". :)

After we photographed and released the fish I took a picture of my fly, looking at the image latter I didnt recognize the fly as any I tied. It was rather crude and was not tied with any of the color patterns I used. As a matter of fact it was plain old butt ugly.

It dawned on me later that it was the first Hairy Fodder I ever tied, which happened at One More Cast during a tying seminar I attended last winter. So thanks to Joseph and the rest of the guys that taught all the patterns we tied that day.

This smallie taught me a lesson. While its nice to tie perfect patterns, just like in the books, smallies are not all that picky. Well..... most of the time :rolleyes:

Guest One More Cast
Fished the South Vermillion River system last week with fellow member Chuck Kolesar and managed to pick up this nice fat smallie .

My fishing partner had just thrown his plastic worm at a root ball about six times when he turned away remarking "no one home there".

I had been busy tying on a hairy fodder and decided to put a cast behind the rootball. Turned out there was a hungry 19 1/4"er living in that hole after all. Chuck is still telling me I caught "his fish". :)

After we photographed and released the fish I took a picture of my fly, looking at the image latter I didnt recognize the fly as any I tied. It was rather crude and was not tied with any of the color patterns I used. As a matter of fact it was plain old butt ugly.

It dawned on me later that it was the first Hairy Fodder I ever tied, which happened at One More Cast during a tying seminar I attended last winter. So thanks to Joseph and the rest of the guys that taught all the patterns we tied that day.

This smallie taught me a lesson. While its nice to tie perfect patterns, just like in the books, smallies are not all that picky. Well..... most of the time :rolleyes:

its to hard of a fly to just give the recipe. instruction are a must have . they have them for sale at onemorecast.com. joseph may have a tye sheet as well

Sorry Rich, I wasnt very clear.

I have the recipe and the instruction sheet. B)