Central Illinois Regional Meeting

Our second winter meeting will take place on Friday, January 16th. We will meet at the Heyworth library. This meeting will be highlighted by our resident fly fishermen. Many fly fishermen will be on hand to show off how they tye their signature flies. Anyone who is not a fly tyer will be treated to a little "how to" time. We will get you behind the vise and help you tye your first fly.

We will start the meeting at 6:00. The meeting will last 90 minutes or so and then many of us usually go out to a eat at the local watering hole. I believe they have an outstanding fish dinner.

Our second winter meeting will take place on Friday, January 16th. We will meet at the Heyworth library. This meeting will be highlighted by our resident fly fishermen. Many fly fishermen will be on hand to show off how they tye their signature flies. Anyone who is not a fly tyer will be treated to a little "how to" time. We will get you behind the vise and help you tye your first fly.

We will start the meeting at 6:00. The meeting will last 90 minutes or so and then many of us usually go out to a eat at the local watering hole. I believe they have an outstanding fish dinner.

The serious question is will the "local watering hole" have any fish left by the time we get there. Last time it was supposed to be "all you can eat", but they ran out just as we got into the place and some of our orders were filled. Is Jim Z going to show everyone how to tye a fly, lefthanded? That would be of some value for me.

Jonn- you seem to be posting BassBugger notices under the label for Central Illinois. Bassbuggers do not discriminate. Those lead coneheads have gotten to you. Isn't it interesting how you can switch a spinning rod from right-handed to left-handed with minor effort. It's even easier to reverse the reel on a flyrod when you put it on! :P

Fredmo,

You've got it backwards. The meeting is for everyone (not only bassbuggers) so it needs to be posted in the Central. If it was posted in the Bassbuggers, that would be discriminating where only bassugger types would read it. The meeting is open to all.

You don't have to go through all that trouble with the reel, just look at it in the mirror.

I'm singing the second-shift blues........wish I could make the meetings, especially this one. How about delaying the start of the meeting until around 1:00am Saturday....give me time to get there after work. :lol:

Tie a Bugger for me....

Brian