more creations from the Graham vise

The following pics are of some of my newest ties:

2r4mqll.jpg

A little information about each fly to follow:

21bvk78.jpg

The above picture is of a fly I found on the internet. It is called Megan's Minnow. Very simple but looks like it will be a good, small minnow imitator. Small amount of lead wire wrap on the shank gives it a little weight to sink, but not too fast. Tail is fox and the body is a sparkle braid. The back is folded back deer hair. Epoxy finish.

70fiuq.jpg

The above fly is my version of the Bob Clouser Madtom. Really like the way this one turned out. I did not have the proper materials to make the side fins, but took some short deer hair fibers and wrapped them tight to make the fibers flair out like fins. I think it came out pretty nice.

ta3e6d.jpg

The above picture has a standard clouser on the top (bluegill color). The bottom fly is Bob's purple darter. I really like the darter tye. Much like a clouser but a little smaller with one extra deer hair step.

2eq5gur.jpg

The above pic is of a couple of bottom-dwelling crawfish flies. The top one uses sparkle chenille for the body and the bottom one uses Rich's chenille material.

That is it for now. I am constantly searching the net for other flies that are simple enough for me to tye and look like they would be effective.

Any comments, criticisms, or tips are much appreciated.

jonn, with your bottom dwelling craws you can add a hackle feather and palmer it from back to front. it will give it more "body" and move more water. I cant remember what I sent you and if there were any examples of what I mean. I'll try to get some pics up so you can see what I mean. but they are lookin good! you are a official tyer.

Joe