build your own flyrod

John Loebach

Working on dates now for a 3 session (probably Sunday afternoons) rod building class with Eric Heckman at Coren's Rod & Reel. I have 4 or 5 already, not to exceed 8. $50.00 fee plus cost of materials. If interested post here or pm me - you won't be committed until all the details are known. Bring your own blank if you have one but don't pass up the chance to discuss what you want with Eric - he is one of the best sources in the area for this & has run this class as well as bamboo building many times. Looking to work this into the winter to early spring - probably Feb. & March. John

Working on dates now for a 3 session (probably Sunday afternoons) rod building class with Eric Heckman at Coren's Rod & Reel. I have 4 or 5 already, not to exceed 8. $50.00 fee plus cost of materials. If interested post here or pm me - you won't be committed until all the details are known. Bring your own blank if you have one but don't pass up the chance to discuss what you want with Eric - he is one of the best sources in the area for this & has run this class as well as bamboo building many times. Looking to work this into the winter to early spring - probably Feb. & March. John

I would be interested. I am out in Sycamore, near DeKalb, where would this be held? Thanks, I always wanted to build a fly rod of my own. Does Eric have rod blanks, or should I get my own?

Bob Andree

• 2 weeks later...