how high is the water

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

is the water higher than septembers flooding? the water on the kish is backed up into the frisbee park where we had a few outings. there it is close to the high level but not closing the street down. rich

The peak on the Dekalb Kish in September was just under 10.5'. Right now it is down around 7.5', after peaking at just under 9.5'. The graph looks kinda goofy lately, probably due to ice.

I tried to take Weber Road through Naperville into Wheaton yesterday, and was turned back by the flodded east Branch of the Dup. Looked just like the picture on the back of the past newsletter. Came home last night down 53 and peered down Royce Rd. Same deal there!

I may go fish Weber Rd today.... literally!

The East Branch of the Dupage has receded and is no longer crossing Weber & Royce Roads. It is still out of it's banks, though. I headed to one of my favorite spots this afternoon and found this....

The normal level is 3-4ft below the banks. The water that you see in the foreground is the path that I usually walk!

Here is another interesting pic....

This is the path that you take to get to the bend where Dick G's pike roams. The river is about 50 yards to my left. I'm standing in the middle of the path in knee deep water. To answer your questions: Yes, I was wearing waders. Yes I fished the path. And no, I didn't catch anything! :angry: Oh yeah.... the clarity wasn't much to speak of either.

It was a nice day to take a wade in the woods!