Sangchris Lake

maineman

I havent fished there for years but when I did, on foot, the rip rap at the dam produced some large green fish.

There are some other access points around the lake but I dont remember them producing anything except a few small sunnies.

If they still have acess, go by the warm water discharge. Everything hangs around there. If not, get a lake map. There are lots of submerged ponds close to shore. Fish the old dams on these ponds. They're not much more than 5 or 10 feet under water.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. I ended up just driving to the boat ramp on the Northeast side of the lake and fishing randomly from shore. Caught 2 LMB's and lost two in an hour and a half. Even though they were on the short side (11" and 14"), they were a good fight on my ultralight. Used a Yamamoto single tail in watermelon color. I would love to go back there with my canoe; lots of nooks and crannies to expore and get out of the wind.