Tying for Lake Michigan Bass

John Loebach

We met at Coren's Rod & Reel to tye along with Bob Rogers, lakefront fly angler & tied 3 great looking flies. Alan, Cory , Stuart, Stan & myself learned how to tie the Hula Dancer a floating minnow to be fished deep on a sinking line, the Goby B. Good a sculpin or goby fly with lead eyes & rabbit strip tail and body, and Mike's fly ( Mike Martinek's Electric Sushi). Stuart took pics & we'll get them posted. Turnout was small but it was one of the better learning sessions as we had time and Bob was very helpful with tips for casting & use as well as timing for spring lakefront fishing. Talk to any who attended at the blowout - that has made my list of this years spots to try. We will see If Bob has time to reprise any of these on a weeknite outing or Stuart or I will try, Bob is a very good tyer and I want to thank him and shopowner Eric Heckman again. Thanks also to those who braved the cold for a very sucessful event.

John L