Devin Hester

Tim Smith

Sorry to be so far off topic...but...

Just watching his 2nd touchdown run back TODAY.

A lot of people get thrown up as the "best ever", but Devin really is the best run-back man ever in the history of the league. That stuff is pure gold. He almost makes it bearable watching the Bears in their currently lowly state.

I'm going out to buy my #23 jersey this week.

I think this definitely fits in the "general smallmouth related club chat" category. Devin Hester makes moves like a bronzeback. He *lures* the competition one way and then moves another.

I watched that game and I think the real Chicago bears came by and stopped for about what maybe 6 min. total time and won the game for those guys out there that should be wearing skirts if they gonna play like girls they should look the part.

Have the Bears gotten him some offensive touches? He seems to have gamebreaking talent.

Like the Steelers used to use Kordell Stewart, Rod Woodson, Hines Ward, Anoine Randel El, etc..

They have tried here and there. Best bet is to decoy him, because usually when he goes in they won't leave him unattended. He did catch a bomb for a TD against Detroit.

I think special teams will utilize him the best. Our offense is just "offensive", whether its play calling, the QB or the line. The D is nothing to write home about either.

This may be the season the Blackhawks get some glory. ;) No one else seems to want it.

I think special teams will utilize him the best. Our offense is just "offensive", whether its play calling, the QB or the line. The D is nothing to write home about either.

Devin is the world's best in the open field, but the reference to Forrest Gump is right on. The most logical play to run for him, the bubble screen, ends up with him asking Mushin Muhammed where he should line up and the Bears having to call time out. He hasn't picked up the offense well at all...and he isn't likely to soon.

...and at this point I agree with Steve. He is too good on special teams to risk in the offense or defense. If you're lucky, you'll get 4-6 years of this incredible speed of his. Keep him healthy as long as you can. Once he has blown out his knee and he's merely blazing fast rather than superhuman, then you can insert him into the offense and have him be just another lowly receiver.

He's fine where he is. He's already giving you more offense just in yardage gained on punts out of bounds than that waste of a 1st round running back ever gave us. Devin has run back 126 kicks and put 11 of them in the end zone. That statistic alone is freakish enough. Then consider that some have been called back and some have gone for long gainers...and apparently he's only 3 TDs away from the all time record for run back TDs. The current record holder had over 1,000 run backs. Devin's going to catch him with 1/10th that many chances...AND the smart teams aren't even kicking to him anymore. THAT's how special Devin is as a run-back guy.

Watching those U-tube clips just emphasizes it even more. Everyone else out there is like a child next to him. It's like watching a man playing with boys. Watch how many of them he dumps on their butts just by making just the right cut at just the right time. It's like he has found a tear in the space time continuum and he goes into warp drive while everyone else is floundering around at half speed.

He is truly an all time best...enjoy it while he's around. You won't see this again soon.

The "blockers" should be given more credit---

they make his look good.

If he didn't have all those great "blockers", he wouldn't make it.

Or we could call them *boulders* ;)

I watched that game and I think the real Chicago bears came by and stopped for about what maybe 6 min. total time and won the game for those guys out there that should be wearing skirts if they gonna play like girls they should look the part.

Like a skirted jig? ;)

Have the Bears gotten him some offensive touches? He seems to have gamebreaking talent.

Like the Steelers used to use Kordell Stewart, Rod Woodson, Hines Ward, Anoine Randel El, etc..

Not sure about using steel leaders for smallies but I think there's a Kordell fishing line out there somewhere. ;)

They have tried here and there. Best bet is to decoy him, because usually when he goes in they won't leave him unattended. He did catch a bomb for a TD against Detroit.

This may be the season the Blackhawks get some glory. ;) No one else seems to want it.

Decoys are usually used for hunting. A bit off topic I'd say. But we'll give you a *pass*. ;)

Devin is the world's best in the open field, but the reference to Forrest Gump is right on. The most logical play to run for him, the bubble screen, ends up with him asking Mushin Muhammed where he should line up and the Bears having to call time out. He hasn't picked up the offense well at all...and he isn't likely to soon....and at this point I agree with Steve. He is too good on special teams to risk in the offense or defense. If you're lucky, you'll get 4-6 years of this incredible speed of his. Keep him healthy as long as you can. Once he has blown out his knee and he's merely blazing fast rather than superhuman, then you can insert him into the offense and have him be just another lowly receiver.

He's fine where he is. He's already giving you more offense just in yardage gained on punts out of bounds than that waste of a 1st round running back ever gave us. Devin has run back 126 kicks and put 11 of them in the end zone. That statistic alone is freakish enough. Then consider that some have been called back and some have gone for long gainers...and apparently he's only 3 TDs away from the all time record for run back TDs. The current record holder had over 1,000 run backs. Devin's going to catch him with 1/10th that many chances...AND the smart teams aren't even kicking to him anymore. THAT's how special Devin is as a run-back guy.

Watching those U-tube clips just emphasizes it even more. Everyone else out there is like a child next to him. It's like watching a man playing with boys. Watch how many of them he dumps on their butts just by making just the right cut at just the right time. It's like he has found a tear in the space time continuum and he goes into warp drive while everyone else is floundering around at half speed.

He is truly an all time best...enjoy it while he's around. You won't see this again soon.

Well, at least you said "floundering". ;)

I must say I'm impressed how you're all still talking about "general smallmouth related club chat". :P