Welcome back, Tim

jude

It's about time you finished working on your tan. Are you going to give us a run down of the project you were working on? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm curious.

It's about time you finished working on your tan. Are you going to give us a run down of the project you were working on? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm curious.

Tan's are going out of style Jude. I've got enough skin cancers started from my first 40 years getting fried in the sun that I'm actually pretty conservative about that now....and no, the fact that I do field work with my shirt on these days has nothing to do with my middle-aged gut. Cough.

I've been working in Placencia Lagoon, Belize, Jude. Google Earth it if you want a closer look. Those big ponds just inland are shrimp farms. The houses on the peninsula are new resorts and luxury condos. As of this trip, about half the seagrass in the lagoon has disappeared over the last decade. I'm working to get it restored by working with stakeholders to reduce impacts and balance development pressure with environmental safeguards.

I might post some pictures if I can find them.

Would the 2 fish species there be snook & baracuda?

Correct on both counts, Paul.

The lagoon is loaded with both species, mostly juveniles. It's also nursery habiat for large numbers of goliath grouper (formerly jewfish), bonefish, permit and tarpon.

West Indian Mantee and 2 species of crocs are there too. I got to do some manatee radio tracking this time down.