Waist high waders

Matt

Last year my hand me down waders finally turned into Swiss Cheese. I have been shopping around, but really haven't found any in my price/comfort range. I would like to get a pair soon, as I have alot of trips planned. Id really like to get waist high hunter style waders. Any recommendations under $100?

Thanks

Guest Mark P

Waist high waders - also known as Guide Pants.

The cheapest I've seen are the White River pants sold at Bass Pro's fly shop.

I would encourage you to buy a decent pair. I purchased a pair of Dan Bailey's guide pants about 5 years ago, love them, and they aren't leaking.

Matt

I have the guide pants from BP White River. They are a good 2nd pair to own, but really limit your ability to wade deeper water. It's hard to keep up with your fishing partners!

For creeks or smaller sections of river, they are very comfortable. Still, you should get the chest waders if you had to choose only one.

Just my opinion.

I have the BPS waist high wading pants................love them! Just like wearing a pair of light pants. I rarely want to wade deeper than my waist during the cold water period when I am wearing waders. During the warm weather months, I am wet wading so going deeper than my waist is not a problem.

I have the BPS waist high wading pants................love them! Just like wearing a pair of light pants. I rarely want to wade deeper than my waist during the cold water period when I am wearing waders. During the warm weather months, I am wet wading so going deeper than my waist is not a problem.

Jonn,

Do you know who makes BPS wade pants?

What were the deciding factors, when selecting the BPS brand.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks Jon,

A fews ago, while shopping for new breathables waders, I found the Hodgmans---

which were the only pant style available, at the time. The pants style fit my needs to a "T", and I purchased them.

There were $99, plus wade shoes.

They became very popular with Hodgman. Perhaps Hodgman, makes them for BPS.