Somebody catch a fish today in this...

Tim Smith

Tim

I'd fish an area where the temperature drop wouldn't be so extreme. Move down river if you had time where the river is bigger\more stable. Also hit big eddies. Sometime get out on the river after a big storm and take note as to how long it takes for a big eddie to get as muddy as the rest of the stream. These temperature differences can also be felt when you wet wade in thr summer. You could also cheat and fish warm water, find an incoming drainage tile they run 50 degrees year round or hit a warm water discharge. Hope this helps.

Philf

Tim

I'd fish an area where the temperature drop wouldn't be so extreme. Move down river if you had time where the river is bigger\more stable. Also hit big eddies. Sometime get out on the river after a big storm and take note as to how long it takes for a big eddie to get as muddy as the rest of the stream. These temperature differences can also be felt when you wet wade in thr summer. You could also cheat and fish warm water, find an incoming drainage tile they run 50 degrees year round or hit a warm water discharge. Hope this helps.

Philf

Ok, Phil. Good advice. Now somebody show me. Where's the fish?

9 smallies and 1 carp from a filtration plant outflow (all on minnows)...'twas a very cold but productive morning

Three hatchery trout here. They're usually oblivous to weather. I lost the first 3 because my hands were too cold to land them while I was wading...and I'm sick as a dog today.

Bleah. No fishing this week I think.

You know I love fishing. Its my passion.

However, you guys are beyond me.........I need the sun on my back, somewhat warm fingers and toes and birds singing, at least.

On days like this stirring something up in my kitchen that warms my inner being and pleases the spouse is just the ticket. I think grilled marlin with herbs over grilled asparagus tips sounds appropriate for today. Maybe a glass of Pinot Gris on the side. My other passion is cooking. :D