Orvis Chicago In-Store Fishing Event 10/05

Tim A

Okay, for real this time, I assure you, Orvis in downtown Chicago is having Rob Tomes, author of "Muskie on the Fly," the bible of muskie fishing, in the store to discuss these awesome fish and to sign your books (we have the book for sale as well). Mr. Tomes will share his fishing secrets from 11AM-12PM.

Following Mr. Tomes will be flyfishing filmmakers Robert Thompson, creator of such renown films as "Musky Country: Zero to Hero" and "Heart of the Driftless," will be share some never-before-seen footage from his upcoming documentary, "The River," about Michigan's famed Au Sable. Mr. Thompson will present from 12PM-1PM.

Also in the store from 11AM-3PM will be Eric Hauser of Double Gun Cigars with samples from his top cigar lines, as well as the folks from As Good As Gold Golden Retriever Rescue. If you give a $5 or greater donation to this great group, we will give you a $10 Orvis credit to be used that same day.

These events are part of our "Orvis Days." Refreshments will be served throughout these events.

It's also coupon season, so remember to bring in those $25 off $50 coupons we send out by mail and email each season. If you can't find yours, I might be able to find one for you.

I don't think I need to say any more...if you're a local fly angler or an Orvis fan you should come check out this awesome event. If you have any business to do in the city, just make a day of it and be sure to stop by and see us. I'd love to see some familiar ISA faces there.

P.S. Sorry for the late notice. I was out-of-town on a fishing trip last week.

No worries, Ryan. The store was packed the whole day--I'd never seen it like that. Actual turnout for the presentations (counting people sitting in our fold-out chairs and standing around watching) was decent--probably 10-12 people. Unfortunately, with the store so busy, I was unable to watch but a few seconds of each talk. I would have loved to chat more with the Robs!

Tim