Jump to content

inner tube stamps


Recommended Posts

Boating FAQs
Update: July 26, 2013

The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) has reviewed the inclusion of inner tubes among non-powered watercraft required to display the Water Usage Stamp, and has decided to eliminate the requirement that Water Usage Stamps be purchased for inner tubes.

Refunds may be requested by submitting the following to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Attn: Licensing, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271:

1) A letter requesting a refund for a Water Usage Stamp purchased for an inner tube;
2) The Water Usage Stamp that was purchased;
3) The receipt of purchase (license square) that was attached to the Water Usage Stamp;
4) Contact telephone number;
5) IDNR Customer ID number;
6) IDNR Transaction number from the Water Usage Stamp

The IDNR hopes to provide requested refunds within 120 days of receipt of the letter including the above information.

This change involving inner tubes does not affect the Water Usage Stamp requirement for all other non-powered watercraft – it only exempts inner tubes from requirements of displaying a Water Usage Stamp. The IDNR’s interpretation of a float tube is “any inflatable device that was previously required to be registered and titled, including but not limited to inflatable boats and belly boats.”


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...