Vermillion outing= lots of fish caught

Dana not only hosted the Vermillion outing, but he also caught the most and the largest fish of the day. While many of the fish were running a little short, there were enough larger fish to keep things exciting. The fish were not in a topwater mood and most fish were caught on plastics with the white spinner bait coming on strong later in the afternoon. Stick worms rigged on a jig, wacky style and weightless all brought in fish. The Fluke and the Case Salty Shad were other plastics that produced. Fish were caught on seams right next to water willows, in weed pockets or in deeper water in close proximity to the water willows. Water temperature was in the low to mid 80's.

post-32-0-63390000-1374357212_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-10742400-1374357226_thumb.jpg

The tube did account for the vast majority of my fish and the biggest one. I will put my tube up against any bait, any where for smallies. Couldn't keep them away.

Sorry Dana, I forgot to mention your tube in my list of baits used. That one tube was so chewed on that it looked like the butt of a cigar after being smoked down to end.