Other river residents

Tim Negronida

Here are some photos of other river neighbors to our beloved smallies.

Came across this little lady on a path along the Dupage, I assume laying here eggs.

I saw more water snakes last year than I had the previous three.

It was hard getting a photo of this mink, they’re constantly on the move. I watched him for a good fifteen minutes as he caught several small fish. He wood disappear into the roots, I assume to eat his catch and then pop up to jump into the water again.

Love to see some other photos!

Those are great Tim. I have seen Mink up on Mill Creek and they are something to watch. The Snakes I am not to fond of but taolerate them. Now down here I stay in the boat most of the time as the Copperheads and Cotton Mouths are around. Glade you posted those pic's for us all to see.

No pics, but in the last week of roaming the banks of the Dup I've seen numerous Muskrats, a Kingfisher, either a beaver, otter or mink on the opposite bank (too far away to see with my bad eyes), and I also came across a Coyote on the path leading to the river! B)

Tim,

Great pictures! Nice to see that an angler is looking at the greater picture to the stream ecosystem. I have many photos of the surroundings and inhabitants of the waters I visit.

Gary,

About those cottonmouths! I hope they aren't the kind that like to get in the boat and have a close-up meeting. Darn glad its just the copperheads, black snakes and rare Muskogee rattler in this area.