Muskie, Carp Event at Orvis Chicago 7/27

Tim A

Just a heads up that on Saturday, July 27th, there will be an in-store event at the downtown Chicago Orvis store (142 E. Ontario, just one door from Michigan Ave). Robert Tomes, author of "Muskie on the Fly", will give a presentation on Midwest muskie flyfishing and will sign copies of his book. Also, the store's flyfishing manager Sean Hansen and myself will be discussing tactics, flies, and locations for local carp (from the harbors and Chi River up to Door County).

So if you have the day off or have some business to do downtown, do it that weekend and come out and see us. It'll be fun.

Some recent Chicago carpness:

post-1902-0-40766200-1373756902_thumb.jpgpost-1902-0-56930800-1373756502_thumb.jpgpost-1902-0-43505500-1373756512_thumb.jpg

Guest Josh Glovinsky

Sounds like a great event. I might have to pop by. I have spotted several musky in Windsor and Colin caught a 46 inch out of there last year

Thanks, Mike.

Tom, Mr. Tomes will begin his presentation at 11am and will conclude around 1pm. Sean and I will start up about carp right after that.

I hope to see you guys there!

Ok--BIG CORRECTION: Something happened between our schedules and Rob Tomes can no longer make it. So he will not be there this weekend. Sean is taking over the muskie portion of the talk. He and I are still doing the carp talk after that. Sorry to get your hopes up and plans rearranged. This change just happened in the last 48 hours.