Wolves Take Down Moose

Mike Clifford

The slide show and story are rather fascinating!

In an instant, the moose spun around and fled. The wolves followed as quickly. When the wolves were at his heels, the moose stopped and spun around again to make a stand. The wolves skidded to a stop and then lurched back a few steps......

http://www.startribune.com/531/story/1022124.html

870-3498830.embedded.prod_affiliate.2.jpg

Isle Royal is a beautiful Island in Lake Superior just off the cost of MN. but actually part of Mich. I backpacked this island back I believe in 2001 and had a great time. It only has two animals on the Island and they are Moose and Wolves. The Moose population took a nose dive the winter before I came do to a severe winter in which as many as 600 fell off cliffs trying to reach food. This also affects the wolf population which will drop do to less prey. This has been going on for ages and will continue for some time to come. If you ever feel like getting out into a wilderness setting and enjoying nature without the worry of Bears Isle Royal is the place to do it.

Guest Don R
If you ever feel like getting out into a wilderness setting and enjoying nature without the worry of Bears Isle Royal is the place to do it.

Just don't put on your moose costume or you'll end up like this guy :)