Cold Weather

Jack T

Monday morning at 4am Feb 4th it was -14 and wind chill was -32, I headed for Arkansas, following day at 2pm it was 62 degrees east of Little Rock, it was T shirt weather and I was headed for Mena, west of HotSprings, Quachita River, scouted around following day for access areas, next day at approx 2pm it was 52 degress shortly there after it was 35 degrees and that was the situation next few days with snow showers thrown in,hands and nose rather cold, [did not bother "Blue" my dog one bit, she had a ball down by the river], like slightly "Sub Tropical Weather", in talking with a forest ranger there had been a cleaning solvent spill before last xmas by company cleaning aircraft engine parts, not aware of affect on river, company has been shut down and there "A" hauled into court, short time I was on the river had one good hit, river access was good with several float/camp spots with fourten day camp limit, only facilities were pit toilets, tables, fire rings,no water, river flowage was great.

Jack T