FS: TFO 7wt fly rod and Pflueger 7/8 fly reel

Tim A

I've got too many rods (for the moment :) ) and have to make room for more fishing junk on the way. Some excellent deals here. If you want the items immediately, I can bring them to the Picnic in Batavia tomorrow. Pay cash on the spot or Paypal between now and then.

First I have a TFO Jim Teeny series 10' 7wt rod, which breaks down to a convenient 5 pieces. Lawn cast once and fished once. Cork is perfect with the exception of some discoloration at both ends of the grip due to using with the plastic still on. Plastic no longer on. Beautiful green rod with gold accents, salt-safe black aluminum reel seat, and color coded alignment dots. Comes with a rod sock but no tube. Mod-Fast progressive action that roll casts and mends nicely. Lifetime no-fault warranty. PERFECT rod for the upcoming steelhead season...

Asking $150. (MSRP was $250)

post-1902-0-14659300-1344636130_thumb.jpg

post-1902-0-41235100-1344636139_thumb.jpg

Also up for grabs is a lightly used Pflueger Summit 7/8 machined aluminum fly reel with disc drag. I mainly used this for reel for smallmouth and carp. They discontinued these a few years ago when Plueger got out of the fly fishing business, but I bought a few of these. I've used these (not this particular one though) in the salt for spanish mackerel, small bluefish, and schoolie stripers. A quick rinse and no harm done. Still working great. This particular reel has a few tiny dings but otherwise a fine reel that looks great and will get most any job done with flying colors. The champaign color looks great with most earth-tone rods and especially with the TFO Teeny rod for sale above ;)

Asking $65

post-1902-0-62948000-1344636158_thumb.jpg

post-1902-0-62269600-1344636167_thumb.jpg

Fly line pictured is not included, but backing is (125 yds 30# gelspun w/ top shot of dacron)

Buy both the TFO rod and the Pflueger reel (w/ backing) for $200. This is a nice setup for the upcoming steelhead run or for smallmouth wading.

-Tim

Didn't mean to sound like these are only for sale until tomorrow. Let me know if you're interested and we'll work something out. We can meet up to fish sometime or I can ship. I'll also take personal checks if you can wait until the check clears for me to deliver/ship the items.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.