Great Waters Cancelled???

bjensen

I just got an email from a friend stating he had just heard that the Great Waters show in Chicago has been cancelled due to economic conditions. Can anyone confirm this???

The Great Waters website is currently down.

Brian

>Just got a reply to an email I sent to Joe of One More Cast Fly Shop in Chicago. Here's his reply:

>>>>Another horrible rumor...I spoke with Tom Helgeson just this morning about my program. Plans are underway, it will be an informative show with lots of programming but fewer vendors....that's the economic reality.

The website is being updated today to include all of the Chicago programs, that's probably why you are getting an error message.

Sorry if I got anyone in a panic, but that is exactly what I was doing! I look forward to this show every year.

I have no problem accessing the web site. In case anyone does not have the address already, you'll find the site at http://www.greatwatersflyfishingexpo.com/

I just got an email from a friend stating he had just heard that the Great Waters show in Chicago has been cancelled due to economic conditions. Can anyone confirm this???

The Great Waters website is currently down.

Brian

>Just got a reply to an email I sent to Joe of One More Cast Fly Shop in Chicago. Here's his reply:

>>>>Another horrible rumor...I spoke with Tom Helgeson just this morning about my program. Plans are underway, it will be an informative show with lots of programming but fewer vendors....that's the economic reality.

The website is being updated today to include all of the Chicago programs, that's probably why you are getting an error message.

Sorry if I got anyone in a panic, but that is exactly what I was doing! I look forward to this show every year.

The Atlanta Fly Fishing Show that usually runs at this time was canceled this year due to economic reasons. Most of the prominent tiers (and me) got an invite to tye at "The Fly Show" by Ben Furmenski in Charlotte. If they like me (and who doesn't - don't answer that) I could get an invite to The Fly Show in Somerset, New Jersey, the biggest fly show in the world. All the who's who are in attendence. It'll get ya noticed.