alpaca hair

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

is it called hair, fur or wool? i stopped at a local farm and got a large sample baggie . i find the hair to be fine in thickness and about 3-4 inches long. it seems very close to the mohair used in leech patterns, just longer. i tied up a few and sink tested them . will actually fish them on friday. i have 3 colors now, black, light brown and a dull white. rich

Alpaca like llama is hair. It is light, quite nice in the water and comes in a lot of different shades. My wife has several bags of Alpaca that she uses for spinning. It's good for dubbing, the fibers are long and fine. You can get it in a natural black to a creamy color. Pricey stuff though as a 1/4 pound goes for over five bucks. Rabbit is cheaper. Also some Alpaca hair is very curly. If you're loaded with cash I suggest that you get a pair of Alpaca socks, they're lighter than wool, warmer and just like wool, when wet will still keep you warm. There are a lot of Alpaca farms here in Illinois and I'm not sure but I think they're having an Alpaca show at the Lake Country Fair grounds but don't quote me on this.

She guards her stash so from time to time I sneak a bit or two.

Guy I work with's dad and step-mom have a bunch. She is like the Pres. of the state or national alpaca foundation or something like that. Ne questions need answered or anything else i'm sure i could get the hook up.