Kaskaskia tributaries?

Guest illin

Guest illin

I was wondering if there are smallmouth in the creeks between Shelbyville and Carlyle? Not asking for any honeyholes just wondering if there are creek smallies close to home. Thanks.

The Kaskaskia River has a fair population of Smallies so it is quite possible that the Creeks that feed it may contain some also. I would search those that have water deep enough to sustain a population year round and then hit a few this Spring that have higher water in the Spring Spawning season. That area is a growing Smallmouth population so document your venture into these uncharted waters and then pass this information along to the Conservation Officer that has been working on them. His name escapes me right now but I am sure that someone like our very astute President knows what it is and will pass it along to you. I hope to see an article down the road on these fisheries and how the population is doing.

It also helps the cause of Smallmouths everywhere and you will surely gain more information and meet some wonderful people if you join this fine organization. It is dedicated to Conservation, Education and Socialization and has spent many years creating a viable Smallmouth Fishery here in Illinois. We want you to be part of this program because we need members from this area.

The ISA has a great deal to offer you as a member and you should join and if you can attend the Bronzeback Blowout that is coming up March 7, 2009. They will have a great Dinner some very good Speakers and you will meet some really good fisherpersons also. This is the Organization you need in your life to build on your love of Smallmouths and help in the enhancement of the fishery you seek.