that fly we tied

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

i had the opportunity to put the fly in the water.it was an easy cast on my 6/7 weight. i did break my thread while tying the collar in and it came out to big when done. i clipped some hair off and it suspended at the depth it dove to. for now ill call it the omc fly for one more cast i will tye up a few more and test them this weekend rich

Guest One More Cast
i had the opportunity to put the fly in the water.it was an easy cast on my 6/7 weight. i did break my thread while tying the collar in and it came out to big when done. i clipped some hair off and it suspended at the depth it dove to. for now ill call it the omc fly for one more cast i will tye up a few more and test them this weekend rich

Find some clear water, cast it out, give a couple of quick pulls and then let it die. Twitch, let it die. Watch your fly as it moves. In the whites and chinchilla colors, it's a dying minnow, it will suspend.

Workin' on a variation for stillwater that has the head and collar tied on the side of the hook so that when it "dies" it will suspend sideways......killer.

In the olives, be much agresive, it's a fleeing minnow.

Joseph

....gonna fish these with another member of the ISA (who fishes from the Dark Side, not a fly rod guy....yet) when we're together on the St. Joe. I figure it's the only way I can jkeep from being out-fished.