Reptile Fest

Mark K

I know a few of you are herp geeks. I went to this show today with my kid:

http://www.chicagoherp.org/fest/main.htm

Second year in a row. It is totally cool. They have awesome displays of every friggin' frog, salamander, snake, lizard found in Illinois as well as the est of the world. Big snakes, gators, igaunas and etc. Kids will LOVE it! Nobody's selling anything. They just do it to raise awareness.

It's run by the Chicago Herpatological Society. I was so pleased, I got a family membership. Still going on tomorrow.

Eric and Steve, you would sooo dig this.

Couldn't make it out to this one as my daughter was on a retreat this weekend, but thanks for the heads up. CHS does some outings during the year if you like to hike and learn afoot.

Couldn't make it out to this one as my daughter was on a retreat this weekend, but thanks for the heads up. CHS does some outings during the year if you like to hike and learn afoot.

Don, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I kind of figured you would.

Sadly Steve, we missed the 2008 Salamander Safari. Fortunatly another ISA member gave up a good spot to find blue spotteds. What suprises me is how many people I know are closet herp fanatics.

Here is a cool pic from '07 show:

21mhftg.jpg

There's some decent herping down in your area, though the easy access areas get trampled, much like some smallie waters. There is a short window for sallys so get out while you can.