Guest Josh Glovinsky

That'll catch some fish for sure! I tie something similar minus the foam for carp and smallies, although this summer I started using slightly larger crayfish style patterns for smallies, and that seemed to produce more fish for me this summer. Also, I love the action of rubber legs along with the flash for the antennae. These type patterns are so simple to tie, and so effective! I also learned you can get some great smallie fly ideas by looking at all the new "carp" patterns! I don't need to tell you though, you seem to have the smallies down! Nice tie. Ryan

Guest Josh Glovinsky

That'll catch some fish for sure! I tie something similar minus the foam for carp and smallies, although this summer I started using slightly larger crayfish style patterns for smallies, and that seemed to produce more fish for me this summer. Also, I love the action of rubber legs along with the flash for the antennae. These type patterns are so simple to tie, and so effective! I also learned you can get some great smallie fly ideas by looking at all the new "carp" patterns! I don't need to tell you though, you seem to have the smallies down! Nice tie. Ryan

yeah rubber legs add some really nice action. I love using rubber legs on this pattern which is my spin off of the Mays Full Motion Crayfish called the Kickstand Craw.

DSC00229.JPG