donkey rig

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

this is a double fluke rig. i saw one a few eeks ago . my cousin's son tied one on. they use them on big green lake in wisc for white bass and smallies. kvd calls it the zulu rig. basically its two leaders tied to a swivel one 15 inches and another 10-12 inches . put the main line thru the longer leader so it swivel slides up theline. then tieon the shorter swivel to the line. that swivel will stop the other swivel from sliding down , but allow it to slide up. most rigs use plastics that can be tex posed and suprisingly thye dont tangle much. i plan to try it with my worm flies soon. anyone use them?

When ever I try using two lures on one rig I usually end up losing lures twice as quickly. I will give this a try next time the fluke bite is on. I think the high temperatures are causing major bait fish kills. The fluke bite has been very good. Thanks for the reminder to give this a try.

i love using these, never caught 2 at once, but have had follows with 1 fish caught..i nose hook mine, seem to work just as well and get better hook ups..i use a 1/0 hook..these rigs look cool in the water darting back and forth.