June/July Bronzeback Bulletin

Dana Lee

All I gotta say is WOW! Bang up job to all those that put the work in for this issue!!!!!! I didn't even recognize it until I seen Eric's mug in the background! SWEET!!! B)

I got a chance to read mine this morning and it was great. Nice job to those that put it together.

I have yet to receive mine, but have obviously seen the PDF version.

This kind of professionalism is far from free.......continue to support your club!!

Many thanks again to Scott for setting the bar so high for so long on this effort.

Got mine today. Wow. When Scott threw in the towel, I figured that was the death knell for the quality magazine that we've been spoiled by. Boy, was I wrong. Thanks reaching the bar set so high by Scott.

Maybe an oversight, maybe Eric being humble, but I noticed that there was no credit given for the cover photo. That quality of work really should be credited. Awesome picture.

Thanks Jude. That was a fun shot. Its from a series while wading the Fox solo last autumn. I was in a really good area and the intention was to play around with photography that evening. I had my camera setup on a tripod and my wireless remote ready. I tied into some good fish on the swim jig and snapped away. (That shot is also used on a Web promo banner for Big Hammer.)

The photos throughout the issue are mine, my friend Branson's, or from iStock.

FYI on the distribution of the printed newsletter... once the final file goes to the printer it is out of our hands. It gets printed and bulk shipped from Addison, Illinois. The length of time it takes to reach individual members and businesses depends on the efficiency of the post office. We play no part in the shipping and have no means to speed up or check status.

I know you are joking here Terry but just an FYI to all since I've seen this comment come up numerous times over the years.

Got mine on Tuesday. Enjoyed the articles and the new look very much. Thanks for the hard work of puting together a great mag/newsletter. A high quality publication by a high quality organization. Just another reason to be proud and thankful for the ISA. Thanks again guys!

Terry, you can borrow mine. Ha!

Good work. The ISA logo maintains continuity though the look has changed. It is interesting that the hard copy I got is BW except for the cover while the archive version is color throughout. That is nice if you want to see the color of a lure. Actually all the photos look better in color.

We could call this the swim jig issue. There is one on the cover; Terry mentions it in the NW report: Jonn features it it in his article; then Bart endoeses it in his interview.

Am I right to assume that submissions for future issues should be sent to Jim J?

The content pages have always been printed in BW. Downloading the PDF is the only way to see the issue in full color.

Yes, please send all submissions to me:

James6031@aol.com

Several years ago, the decision was made to print the cover in color in order to enhance the look of the publication. The inside pages were kept as grayscale in order to keep costs down. The rationale is that we do not want the newsletter expense to be so high that it hampers other areas such as funding grants, etc. -- things that really make an impact from a conservation standpoint.

It's a balance.

For this issue, I wanted the PDF that's available in the online archive to be in full color with photos that bleed to the edge of the page so our membership could enjoy the piece the way it was designed -- independant of the budget or mechanical limitations of the printed piece. That's the intent on future issues as well.

Article submissions can be e-mailed to Jim J. The hard deadline for materials to be included in the August 2012 issue is Friday, July 13. No exceptions. Materials should be spell checked, grammar checked, proofread and be single spaced. MS Word (.doc / .docx) is preferred. Submissions will be included at the editor's discression.