A while back I wposted about Bloco's as a source for materials here is an update showing some of the results..

"Dinos.jpg

The kit contains 1/2 inch thick EVA sheets prepunched for body parts, details for eyes and teeth, and gadgets for forming joints. Instructions cover how to make several creatures and encourage kids to combine parts to create other creatures. Cost is $20-$30 depending on the kit.

When you are done you have several hours of quality time with the child, 4 or more creatures the child can play with, and a lot of 1/2 inch EVA punch-out scraps for Bass Bugs. Here is a handful that I brought home the last time we visited. I wish I had brought more.

DSCF0511.jpg

The cylinders are 1/2 inch diameter and will be made into EZ pops and Lefty's bugs. Since EVA is easily glued with crazy glue, I can assemble longer bodies for larger bugs. Since a 1.5 inch long foam cylinder costs me over 50 cents from a fly tying supplier I was glad to get these as a byproduct of a good time with my grandson.

The last few months i have been putting the found materials to use.

DSCF0729.jpg

I have finished off a variety of poppers which I will be using this spring.

20120311_284.jpg

I am a shameless follower of the kitchen sink school of tying. I love foam and made some of the tails on the finished flies shown here from furniture duster bristles. After a while one starts to see great possibilities in a lot of things. Those figure eight shaped cutouts have me thinking of a certain water creature. Look out Blockheads!