We have lost a good friend of fishing and the ISA

Dan Basore

It is with a very heavy heart that I tell you of the passing of our good friend Don LaBrose, Fisheries Biologist for the Forest Preserve of DuPage County. Don died doing what he loved most. He was busy stocking at the Blackwell Forest Preserve at 7:15 this morning when he suffered an apparent heart attack. No other details are available now.

Dan Basore

Guest rich mc

he was excellent at his job and was always open to talk with. his input on the rehab was most valuable and will provide uswith quality water for years to come. he will be in my prayers tonight rich mc

I did not have the chance to meet Don. By all accounts he did some great things for the fisherman in DuPage county, the ISA and specifically the DuPage River. Might it make sense for the ISA to sponsor a small memorial stone or something along the stretch of the DuPage that was rehabbed in memory of Don? Maybe in Warrenville near the dam? Somewhere that people would see it.

My next door neighbor has worked for the DuPage County Forest Preserve District for 18 years and I spoke to her tonight. She said they have a tree and bench memorial program if we're interested. The wake is Thursday night at Toon Funeral Home in Downers Grove, 3-9 PM. She sends her condolences to the ISA for the loss of our friend.