Airplane Lessons

jim bielecki

Yep the title is right...my dad is retiring and I wanted to give him something he always wanted....he always wanted to learn how to fly remote control airplanes.

Anyone willing to give him lessons? I'm offering 10 per session using your gear. With your guidance your equipment should be safe. Lombard area.

Jim

Yep the title is right...my dad is retiring and I wanted to give him something he always wanted....he always wanted to learn how to fly remote control airplanes.

Anyone willing to give him lessons? I'm offering 10 per session using your gear. With your guidance your equipment should be safe. Lombard area.

Jim

Jim, This would be Money well spent.

Check it out.

http://www.realflight.com/basic.html#

The Hobbyland store in Bloomington IL Has the advanced version set up in there store and you can try it out.

The Owner says he has guys come in and learn to fly on it and then if they like it they will either buy it or buy an aircraft. I have flown with this system for a while ( a friend has it) and it is GREAT. You will learn all operations of the flight controls.

Drop me a line if you have questions.

Guest rich mc

there is a field in geneva off rt 38 ,west of peck rd. itis just for the radio aircraft perhaps you can contact the park district for info. rich

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. I actually signed my dad up for a club....like ISA but for RC planes! Who woulda thought!? I like the simulator idea....that would've been perfect but he doesn't have a computer.

• 2 months later...

By Pratt-Wayne Forest Preserve is a flying field. big open area. e-mail the suburban r/c barnstormers, out of carol stream.

they have instructors on staff who would gladly help him learn (for free). most would like you to buy your own plane and equipment. they are very cheap now with electrics becoming more powerful.

he could get a prebuilt airplane, trainer type, with an electric motor and battery's, charger and radio for around 350 bucks. club members would gladly help with set up.

they use a trainer cord so the instructor can take over when the pilot/ plane gets into trouble.

wasted many a sunday at the field....

Vic

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.