Sorel Dominator Boots Size 11 For Sale

asherman

I have a pair of lightly used, Canadian made Sorel Dominator boots for sale. You will not find warmer boots for ice fishing. You literally cannot buy boots like this anymore, as Sorel has moved most production overseas. These have thick wool felt linings and were rated at 100 degrees below zero. Boots like this have sold on Ebay for over $100. I am selling mine for $80 including shipping. I can email you a photo if you are interested.

I had a pair of wool lined boots that I mostly used for ice fishing.But for extreme cold I opted for a pair of what were called mickey mouse boots because they were bulbous like that cartoon character's shoes.They were unlined but had a thick foam type sole.They also had an air valve on the side enabling the uppers to be blown up. The air was a very affective insulator. But the boots were so warm inherently that I never had to use the air option.The downside was their heaviness.I believe they were developed by our military for the Korean war.If you died out there on the ice wearing those boots the last thing that would freeze would be your feet.

But for extreme cold I opted for a pair of what were called mickey mouse boots because they were bulbous like that cartoon character's shoes.They were unlined but had a thick foam type sole.They also had an air valve on the side enabling the uppers to be blown up. The air was a very affective insulator. But the boots were so warm inherently that I never had to use the air option.The downside was their heaviness.I believe they were developed by our military for the Korean war.If you died out there on the ice wearing those boots the last thing that would freeze would be your feet.

My uncle called them bunny boots.

I still have Sorel's that I got for my 15th birthday. Replaced the felt liners once. They've lasted a long time.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.