“Man Laws” Men of the Square Table

Jim J

Mike,

Come on! The manly rule here is, " No smallmouth under thew measured length of 17" shall not be photographed or reproduced.

Man Law #17:

No man shall photograph any smallmouth estimated to be under 14" (and subsequently post it on all your favorite fishing forums).

Just tell us about it- we believe you.

Eric- I recently upgraded to the latest Firefox version, and it comes with this really annoying spell checker that puts a red line under misspelled words as I type them.

Smallmouth is one of them....LOL

BTW- anyone know how to turn that damn thing off?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Rule #18

When taking a photo of smallmouth the angler may NOT hold the fish at arms length in the foreground to distort the factual size.

Man Law #33:

When a close relative fails to make up some hair jigs over the winter for summer time fishing, said relative is condemned to shaving their head for each month of neglect!

Man Law #34

When the boat plug is forgotten, a digital picture of the infraction with the boat owner shall be posted on the internet to thwart off repeating offenders.

• 2 weeks later...

Man law #35

Pertains to old guys wearing neoprene walking on unsafe shorelines, in the case of myself and guys like Gary Lange.

Younger anglers wading with older anglers may not laugh when shorelines give way and the old guy dumps into the creek! In the famous words of Pee Wee Herman"I meant to do that!"

The younger angler should show heart and help get the old guys head out of the mud! Not laugh at them as they drown!

Someday soon your vision will also go to pot, young guy laugh while you can!

Man law #36

People sponsoring ISA outings are NOT to be held responsible for floods, typhoons, Microbursts,Tornado's or any other acts of nature.

If they got to cancel three outings in a row im sure it's not because they have been standing with the garden hose in the river all summer,Mother Nature did it don't yell at me!

The younger angler should show heart and help get the old guys head out of the mud! Not laugh at them as they drown!

Uh huh.

I was standing on the deck of a jon boat that had been modified to include a deck like a bass boat.

Not stable in the least.

I reached out to pick my spinnerbait from a bush on the bank.

(No need for details here)

Standing in the water, I reached out for my partner to give me a hand climbing back onboard.

Instead, he reached for the camera and said "Photo ops before rescue".

True story.

:blink:

• 2 months later...

QUOTE(Tim Smith @ Aug 30 2007, 08:21 AM)

"I nominate Don to head up the Man Law enforcement constabulary."

"Here, here.... there, there!" (an obscere Three Stooges reference!)

I think it will have to be in the form of a reference booklet.

That's good, because I can't remember all these laws. And I'm very glad that there has been no mention of a quiz! :mellow:

Come On! We take no photos below 17 inches.

Everything else is casting & presenation practice or scale sampling.

Rick

Man Law #17:

No man shall photograph any smallmouth estimated to be under 14" (and subsequently post it on all your favorite fishing forums).

Just tell us about it- we believe you.

Eric- I recently upgraded to the latest Firefox version, and it comes with this really annoying spell checker that puts a red line under misspelled words as I type them.

Smallmouth is one of them....LOL

BTW- anyone know how to turn that damn thing off?

#39 Man's Law

No angler shall discharge solid, fluid or gaseous bodily waste in the vicinty of another angler or the adjacent waterway there of...

#40 Man's Law

No Man shall participate in the practice of Line dancing, Celtic step, Hip-hop and the Tango while listening to their MP3 player on the water.

#40 Man's Law

No Man shall participate in the practice of Line dancing, Celtic step, Hip-hop and the Tango while listening to their MP3 player on the water.

This rule MUST be ammended to read:

No music playing device shall be tolerated on any stream or river.

To violate this rule means the immediate dunking of said violator and especially the offending electronic device.

NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Just curious , where does the "man law" committe stand on passing up an opportunity to go fishing in favor of participating in the "horizontal boogey" ?

LOL! Its been so long I forgot that dance! That's just a few minute delay anyway, right?