Kish float Saturday

Just a reminder...we're floating the Kish from Belvidere to Cherry Valley Saturday AM. We'll meet at the Cherry Valley Cafe for breakfast at 7:00. It should take a good chunk of the day, so pack a lunch. I saw my first spawning bed being prepared today, so we'll have to make it a point to avoid obvious spawning areas. Please post here if you plan on attending. The river should be in great shape!

With the Kish being my favorite, I wish I could make it, Jude . . . but we're celebrating the eve of Mother's Day with my 97-year-old Mom! Enjoy the day while you catch and release!

Amen, Don, but I'll miss the creativity it inspires in you. Hilarious!

By the way, Jude, I plan on making it. I just hope the rain on Friday doesn't muddy the waters, literally and figuratively.

If anyone is interested in sharing a canoe, let me know.

RonG

Glad to hear you're going to make it, Ron. With our bum necks, we can each take one side of the river. I can't believe no one else has chimed in! I didn't realize Mother's Day Eve was such a big deal around here.

I just looked at the forecast: 1/2 inch tonight, and inch tomorrow. So far this year, we've been getting less rain than forecasts say. I sure hope it holds true this time. But....just in case, Ron and anyone else who's planning on attending should pm me or post their phone #. Mine is 815-871-8072.

Ron backed out because his 90 year old mother just got her license and was spending the weekend drag racing. At least that's the story he gave me. (That and a work issue.) So Ron....did Mother bring home some hardware?

I hit the S Branch by Deer Run for a couple hours last night and got two 10"ers and a similar LM. Got bit off by a decent Northern as well. Hasn't been too hot this year.