CB Sliders

Kev-mo

I'm looking for the classic sliders (the bigger ones). It doesn't appear BPS has them anymore, GATS was out when I stopped recently, last couple times I stopped at Strictly Fishing they didn't have any. Short of ordering direct who else might carry them? Has anyone tried the pro series or ewg on the sliders? I only heard a couple negatives on the pro.

Anything else similar design wise that you tried and like? Thanks

I would just go to Charlie Brewer's site and order them direct if you can't find them anywhere close. That is what I did for the 1/16oz. Crappie Sliders I used up that way.

I have the tools to custom make whatever type popper heads you'd like. I can either make the popper heads for you or make the sliders that you need. I usually make them out of foam, but if you need cork, I can do that too. Drop me a PM if you're interested in either. If you have a particular size or color of slider I can make them to order fairly quickly.

I would just go to Charlie Brewer's site and order them direct if you can't find them anywhere close. That is what I did for the 1/16oz. Crappie Sliders I used up that way.

How much was shipping? I'm kind of anti-shipping charge oriented if I can help it. GATS is nowhere near my house but I do pass close enough in my travels that it's thriftier to wait until the next time I'm out that way and stop in. If it comes down to it I'll order from Charlies site if I have to.

I'm mostly looking for other places that carry them that I don't know of or a similar substitute people like.

I have the tools to custom make whatever type popper heads you'd like. I can either make the popper heads for you or make the sliders that you need. I usually make them out of foam, but if you need cork, I can do that too. Drop me a PM if you're interested in either. If you have a particular size or color of slider I can make them to order fairly quickly.

Guess my post was ambiguous... looking for Charlie Brewer lead jig heads.

Sure do appreciate the offer Mike!

BPS has them on their website. Though I appreciate your desire to avoid S&H charges, there comes a time. With gas close to $3 a gallon an Marlboros close to $5 a pack, it becomes easier to bite the bullet. Besides, in 3-5 days, they will be delivered to your doorstep.

Part 2

If you are really dead set against delivery charges, Cabela's has them on their site too though the selection is not as good. You can order stuff to be picked up at their place in Hoffman Estates and beat the delivery charges.

I would call Charlie Brewer and talk to the girls there with the Tennessee accent then you won't mind paying the shipping charges. Sometimes Charlie's son is there too. I was using the spider classic and the snagless slider with a 3/0 hook for tubes. This year I'm fooling with Oldham mosshead jigs with a wire weed guard and some Owner ultra head jigs. The wire weed guard gets you good hook sets in winter.

Philf

Guest rich mc

a close alternative would be to tie some lead dumbell eyes and wrap some wire on a bass hook. cover with some thread and nail polish of your fav color.it works for lighterweight heads rich

Mike

I just re-checked BPS and Cabelas and did not see the ones I'm looking for. I'll just have to pay shipping or wait until I find them. Thanks

Phil

Thanks for the info. I saw some other jigs I liked. Maybe I'll pick up a pack of each and play.

Rich

It almost seems as if you are trying to subtley bring me over to what some have referred to as the "dark side". The force seems to be strong with you :lol::lol: