2011 blowout fly tying contest.

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

the contest fly for next year will be a creek chub.you now have almost a year to plan, tye and fish a creek chub pattern. there are no restrictions as far as size or materials. rich

Thanks Rich. I have to start looking a chubs though I was hoping you would call for a Wacky Worm.

Speaking of Blowout contests, I believe I have seen the winning "Shannon Minnow." Do we have any information or pictures on the other 2010 entries-especially the ones that made it to the tank testing? Getting to the final four aint bad.

Guest rich mc

the only photo was posted already with the judges by the dunk tank. the flies were grouped on a foam block and looked like drowned rats. after it was announcwed that i won it wasnt till thefloowoing day that i found out it was my back up fly that one it.its called the shannon streamer.the creek chub will be interesting, lots of possibilities .

the only photo was posted already with the judges by the dunk tank. the flies were grouped on a foam block and looked like drowned rats. after it was announcwed that i won it wasnt till thefloowoing day that i found out it was my back up fly that one it.its called the shannon streamer.the creek chub will be interesting, lots of possibilities .

Thanks Rich,

I found it in the wrapup. It is hard to see a lot of details though it looks like there may be some interesting ideas there.

fly_judges.jpg