float n fly outing 3-21

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

the water is little high but dropping and clearing. weather will be getting colder but we should still be ok. between emails and talking to members at the blowout looks like we may have 10-12 . several members expressed they can take a group to some up and downstream areas. post up and i can send you a pm with directions rich

the water is little high but dropping and clearing. weather will be getting colder but we should still be ok. between emails and talking to members at the blowout looks like we may have 10-12 . several members expressed they can take a group to some up and downstream areas. post up and i can send you a pm with directions rich

Rich would a regular boat work at this location? 14' Aluminum with motor?

Guest rich mc

steve , this is a section of the kishwaukee river in Dekalb. too small for a boat.i will have knee high boots , hip,waders or higher are better. most fishing will be on shore or very shallow water. rich

I'm going to float and fly the Fox R Sunday if a group wants to get together. I'm going to post it in Lets Hook Up.

Guest rich mc

i was hoping others would try it on other waters. way to pick up on it jim. i sent joe a private message . i stopped by there today. water is higher than normal but good visability. sme nice trees were moved around to make some nice current breaks rich

With water temps warming so fast, you guys may miss FnF season if you don't give it a shot soon. It stops being the best presentation. 3 trips in a row without a fish on the technique. Lucky, you are so far north!

Bring a backup plan if it is warm Sunday- your favorite bottom bouncer with enough weight to stay on bottom in slower areas should help if the fly jig isn't bit in sure fire areas.