Central Region outings

The following is a list of the outings for the Central Region for 2010. YOu will find dates, meeting times, and any other pertinent information. I plan to also post these on the calendar very soon. Hope to see big crowds this season.

Friday April 30: Fly Cast & Compare outing. Evergreen Lake at 4:00. Meet at the main boat ramp. Bring all the fly rods you have so everyone can enjoy trying out new sticks.

Saturday June 19th: Fishing outing on the Kankakee River. Float or wade. Meet at the 3k state park (concession area) at 8:00 AM.

July 16-18: Rock River weekend trip. Come when you can. Camping is available at the state Park in Prophetstown for a nominal fee. The state park will be our headquarters. Hotel lodging is availabe one block from the river. This will be a combination boat trip (boat with motors) and wading/bank fishing. If you don't have a boat, come anyway and we may be able to get you into a boat.

Saturday August 14: Mackinaw River/Cookout trip. Canoe or wade. Meet at Busy Corners restaurant at 6:00 AM. Busy Corners is located right off of I-74 at the Goodfield exit. After fishing we will hold a cookout at Harold's house (right down the street from Busy Corners). If you wish to attend the cookout, please bring own beverage and meat to put on the grill.

Saturday September 11: South Vermillion trip: Meet at truck stop just off of I-74 at the Oakwood exit at 8:00. Float and wade trip.

Saturday September 18: North Vermilion trip. Meet at Tonica exit on I-39 (truck stop) at 8:00 AM. Float and wade trip.

Saturday October 16: Green River trip. Meet in Annawan (in Holiday Inn parking lot) at 9:00. Annawan is located on I-80. Float or wade trip.

That is it. If you have questions, simply respond to this post and I will try to help you out.

John, your shoes are too big to be filled by any one sole :) If no single individual steps up then maybe we can work by committee, as I would be more than happy to set up a fishing/camping weekend on the south Vermilion system and just like this year, it's easy to set up a few meetings and tying sessions during the cold months.