N.W. Meeting 7:00 Tuesday the 16th

Hey Rockford/N.W. guys....

Don't forget our upcoming "Roll Your Own" meeting at Gander Mountain. I'll be tying some clousers, Rich will be doing some jigs. Not dancing, just tying. Mike G, so I've heard, will be showing us a chenille weaving technique, combining colors so you can have a dark upper and a light belly. Anyone else have any tricks up their sleeves we might want to see?

also have a plano tackle bag for a raffle. who knows a fluke type fly may even show up. hope to see new members there rich

Rich better show us the prize winning fluke while I hope Jude will show us the one that should have won. My tiger weave is part of a frog that cudda won last year. The tiger is not related to Tiger.

Thanks to all that showed up for our meeting last night! It actually turned out to be "Chenille Fest 2010". Rich showed us the secrets to his award winning fluke fly and wonder worm, and Mike G carried us step by step through a chenille worm. We had one couple show up from the show. The guy had never tied a fly in his life and he was following Mike better than I was. Paul S and Paul T cheered us on from the sidelines. Mr. Trybul was asking a lot of questions about fly tying and fishing. I have a feeling there's a long, skinny rod in his future.

Guest rich mc

joe wilson joined last night. i sent scott the paperwork today. i really liked mike g's way of doing the double weedguard. if the rivers get to highto fish this spring maybe we can do a fly casting for first timers. rich

Needles to say, I liked it. To practice what I preach about tying nights, I will put up some pictures of the products soon. BTW my worm looks like a frog, I hope. Though I brought a camera, I got so caught up in the tying that I did not get it out before the manager was announcing closing time. Then it was too late.

More to come.

I apologize for not getting to the meeting guys my wife was interveiwed that afternoon and needed several of her shots before she could test for her CNA certificate which she took and passed yesterday,she just left for her career as a nurse this morning.

Anyhow we ended up at a walk in clinic that night instead,but it was all for the better...a paycheck!

If at all possible for one of you to post some step by step tutorials on tying these flys i would love it, im getting ready to do some tying myself.

And it would be cool if Paul got into long rodding that way i won't have to look like an idiot on the Kish alone!

Kevin,

If shots automatically meant jobs, a lot of folks want to know where to get them. Seriously, I am sorry I missed a chance to meet you though I think you took the better path.

This should catch you up on what happened at the meeting in terms of tying. The flies in order of appearance:

The Shannon Minnow by rich is thought to be the winner of the 2010 blowout contest. IMG_3430.jpg

Gabe Jr. by me has a lot of bells and whistles.

IMG_3429.jpg

The Wonder Worm by rich is close to becoming a classic. This one was not tied at the event. I got it in a swap a while back. IMG_3245.jpg

Looking foreward to meeting you.

• 4 weeks later...

Gabe Jr. got a pair of shoes.

IMG_3436.jpg

I added colorado "0" blades on split rings to the legs. It delivers a nice wobbling swaying motion. This model sinks slowly. So I will increase the diameter of the foam cylinder head to get a true floater. I am planning a tutorial.