Enjoyed the Rosemont show- going back

Dick G

I think that many of you have tired of attending outdoor shows that have turned into something that resembles a flea market. Having worked the show on Wednesday, I got a few minutes to walk around and visit the booths. Here are some impressions. The show is smaller than in past years, but most of the exhibitors are outdoor related. No ShamWows or vaccum cleaner demonstrations. The The fishing tackle on display consisted mostly of stuff that you could actually use. There were a lot of lures and plastics that seemed very suitable for smallmouth fishing. I saw a lot of pumpkin-brown-green colors on the plastics, for example, replacing all those bubblegum pink and neon shades I have seen in the past. Also, there was a lot of emphasis on kid oriented activities (ISA-Salmon Unlimited casting area, high school fishing competition casting, alligator handling, dog shows, archery shooting and tent pitching contests). The seminar speakers are headlined by some really big names. All in all a very nice show. I am looking forward to going back on Sunday. I saw some pumpkin crayfish that look nicer than my go to Yum Crawbugs, and some Storm Minnows with custom spinner blades attached that I just have to try. If you come to Rosemont, be sure to stop by the ISA booth and say hi and renew your membership and buy your Bronzeback Blowout tickets. We are easy to find. Our booth is right by the great big yellow fish tank and the girls with the tiny bikinis!

Well, Don . . . my wife and I certainly enjoyed your series of "Stooly" photos. Sure wish the Lund boat on which you had it parked was mine!

What a novel approach in promoting my wooden fly fishing stool. I could say that's the last show I ever bring my stool to when volunteering my services . . . but considering the fun you undoubtedly had in shooting and posting the various photo opps, I wouldn't want to deprive you the enjoyment. That said, let me assure you that the now infamous "Stooly" will become a regular part of my show accessories in the ISA booth. Just remind me to forget it again next year!

Have fun with it, Steve!

If we didn't think you'd get a hoot out of it, what fun would it be?

Come on man, you'd do the same and you know it.

A grueling weekend of work, and there was that stool.

You know we were only having fun, and hoped you would enjoy it as well. We're all friends here.

You should feel honored to be represented at all those places.

:D

Have fun with it, Steve!

If we didn't think you'd get a hoot out of it, what fun would it be?

Come on man, you'd do the same and you know it.

A grueling weekend of work, and there was that stool.

You know we were only having fun, and hoped you would enjoy it as well. We're all friends here.

You should feel honored to be represented at all those places.

:D

Believe me, Mike . . . with all the photos of the stool that Don took and shared on our website, I've been enjoying every moment I see a new photo with "Stooly" , including the latest with the moose. I can just imagine the ISA conspiracy that developed during downtimes at the show. If only you could have captured an bikini-clad, ice fishing young lady of the stool. Then again, that may be the next photo Don posts!

If only you could have captured an bikini-clad, ice fishing young lady of the stool. Then again, that may be the next photo Don posts!

No Steve...it won't be.

The last photo in the video shows that booth.

They never got into the bikinis after Friday night, and only the same same 2 very young looking girls manned their booth Sat and Sun.The rest of the "team" were nowhere near the place over the final 2 days.

And we got to meet a pretty famous fisherman who's television show we both like. Nice guy. I wish had my camera not a crappy cell phone.

hweud1.jpg

Hey Mark

Do you think this picture will inspire Max to pick up the long rod?

2efhjmg.jpg