Silver Springs State Park

TimU

Was looking to try and find some deeper water on the Fox....does anyone know if the Silver Springs area is wadeable/fishable? I'm not looking for any specifics, just want to know before I make the drive down. Also, would the Dayton USGS gauge be the best reflection of this section of river? Any info would be appreciatted...PM would be fine if you don't want to post it. Thanks, Tim

Was looking to try and find some deeper water on the Fox....does anyone know if the Silver Springs area is wadeable/fishable? I'm not looking for any specifics, just want to know before I make the drive down. Also, would the Dayton USGS gauge be the best reflection of this section of river? Any info would be appreciatted...PM would be fine if you don't want to post it. Thanks, Tim

Once in awhile we used to camp on an island just down river from the bridge that crosses over the river from the state park. That was probably 20 years ago but if I remember right it was not very wadeable there. Although you might be able to do some shore fishing along the park. Just upriver, I think in Yorkville, there's a dam that you can fish below and probably wade. Also you can check out creeks. Below the dam would not be wadeable now or probably for the rest of the year.

A # of years ago the ISA had a wading outting in the stretch below the bridge It was loaded with boulders but was all wadeable.

Guest airbornemike

Wait for the water to go down and wade fish the dam face down to the bridge, as you get closer to the dam the wading can get pretty trecherous with large shin height boulders and construction rubble. Stay out of the new construction area for a "canoe chute" :blink: the local police will tickett you instantly!

If your a paddler you could explore some areas around the state park that have feeder creeks and such.