Green River outing

As of right now, the Green River trip is still a go. As long as we don't get dumped on before now and then, we should be ok. Forecast for Sat. is a little warmer than what we have been experiencing.

I think starting very early in the morning is not what we want to do. Give the water temp. a few hours to start moving up. I want to meet at 9:00. We will meet at the Holiday Inn parking lot in Annawan, IL. Annawan sits right on I-80. The Holiday Inn is right there next to the exit.

If you know you are coming, please respond to this thread. A small boat is best to fish this river, but wading is an option as well. Any type of boat will work as long as you can lift it up and down the bank.

cya there.

Jonn,

I am interested in joining your group on Saturday. Trying to round up a few other Western Region members as well. I will plan to bring my canoe. Looking forward to learning more about the Green River. Let's hope the weather cooperates.

Thanks, Dave Jones

John,

I'm fighting a cold/flu right now, but I expect to be feeling better by Saturday and hope to join you and Dave. If I don't post a regret by Friday, you can expect to see me there.

Ron Price

Jonn,

I am still planning to come Saturday. I wish the temps were more couraging. Hoping the Green stays stable. See you Sat. morning.

Dave J

Unfortunately- the older I get the more days it seems to get over thiese blasted colds. I'm at my worst today (Friday). To top it off, we have some machine problems at work and Saturday seems to be the nly day I can have isolated time to rip into it. I wish you guys greast success, but I'll have to connect on the next chance instead. Regrets- Ron Price

Jonn,

Ron P was going to be my canoe partner. Therefore I will take you up on your offer to share a tandem canoe with you. Let me know you read my response so I know not to bring my canoe. See you tomorrow.

Thanks, Dave J

Don't sweat it, Jonn.

You didn't float all 26,000 miles of rivers and streams in our Prairie State.

Chalk it up as water eliminated for the conditions present on that particular day and divide by those that tore them up in that same stretch the day before.

Multiply by where you intend to fish tomorrow.

So many miles yet to be discovered....