after the dust settled

hey guys,

it was good to meet you and put the faces with the posts. looks like we did a good job today. lots of garbage picked up. still can't believe how people can have no conscience and just litter lay. did get some fishing in, caught a couple small ones on a buzzbait, lots of people fishing today, too many for my taste.. will probably get out in the a.m. again.

chatted with Norm and Al Taylor for a while after lunch, a very learning experience..

scott

It was good to see 11 ISA members show up for this event. We had great weather for both collecting and fishing.

I've attached a photo of the team (less this photographer) and the day's "trash" catch. Extra points are awarded for those who can identify the reclining la-z-boy in this photo.

Got lots of light hits yet no takers on Eric's favorite Zara Puppy (need to learn to walk that dog). I was able to pick up 2 smallies (each about 12") and a rock bass in 4 hours...all on a rattlin shad. In the process I either hooked or foul hooked two monster bottom-dwellers. One ran half of my line out until the bait pulled free and all that remained was a scale (all that excitement and only a scale to show for my efforts).

Here's a picture with Steve B. included and another picture of that lovely chair.

Steve,it was my pleasure getting paired up with you.Every time I make one of these events

I have met someone that has made the day worth while in addition to lending a helping hand.

BTW; my grandsons team won their football game.

I ended up getting pairing up with Bill K from Woodstock. Hat's off to him for making such a long drive. I echo Bill C's sentiments about the people making the day worthwhile. Nice to meet and work with you Bill K. We did fish after for about 3 hours. I picked up a 14.5 smallie on a tube on Bill got a rock bass on plastic. Here's a few pics from the clean up. The hard workers, the trash and a couple treasures. Norm, we looked for you to turn in the treasures but couldn't find you. I guess we'll have to keep them ;)

It was good to meet everyone, work with and get to know Bill "William C" (good to hear your grandson's team...like today's Bears...captured a WIN!), and fish with John and company. This organization is living out its mission (as demonstrated by Saturday's turn-out).

I look forward to fishing and "giving back" with you guys.

Thanks for joining us afterwards to fish Steve. I got 4 12-13" plus a couple small rock bass, all but one on a Clouser swimming nymph. Fish were active for about an hour then stopped. Good that it picked up again later. Great pics, if we do this in spring we will find even more stuff.

John is right. If this event is scheduled in the spring, prior to the rains we get, the water is clear so that you can see the debris on the river bottom. You can make the river healthier by targeting not only the debris along the shore but also the decomposing trash you find in the water. Cloudy murky water doesn't allow for much access to visually locate debris on the river bottom. We were able to clear much of the debris from the river at this event due to the clear water.

I'm in for next Spring. I have a sit in kayak that I can tow behind me with capacity for trash, if needed.

First , many thanks to all the guys who gave thier time to help out. All told we had 12 members out on the cleanup and all did a great job.

Mark, you and I have organized a cleanup or two in our time, no reason it can't be done again. I'll try to get my wife to make some cookies for us. I'm game for an organized spring cleanup, I have plenty of bags and gloves, so all we will need is the folks to come out. Maybe make it a potluck lunch of sorts, let the guys show off thier culinary skills or thier wife's skills. Trust me if I made the cookies they would have Official NHL stamped on them.

Maybe follow up lunch with a mini seminar if there was interest or just cut to the chase and fish.

Kevin,

Nice find in the lures and knife, just wondering if there was anything green that folds found. If so I lost it and please return with interest. :P

Thanks for joining us afterwards to fish Steve. I got 4 12-13" plus a couple small rock bass, all but one on a Clouser swimming nymph. Fish were active for about an hour then stopped. Good that it picked up again later. Great pics, if we do this in spring we will find even more stuff.

Clouser schmouser.What happened to the topwater bite you were going to go after at sunup?

Fished for an hour with no results even though fish were rising - seems to be my luck with topwater.

Keep trying John especially on our other 2 rivers.I have more confidence fishing subsurface on the Kank too even though some years ago I got a 20" bassbugging under the I-55 bridge.

Kevin,

Nice find in the lures and knife, just wondering if there was anything green that folds found. If so I lost it and please return with interest. :P

That sleeping bag was green and it folds. Did you lose that while on the night bite this summer ;):lol:

Kevin,

No the stuff I'm loking for fits in my pocket. :lol:

Rainy overcast day , not a thing on top. Sunny bluebird day, topwater bite and fish feeding up on other lures and nothing on the bottom. That's why it's so intriguing to me the total unpredictibility that keeps you on your toes.