Central Region outing on South Vermillion

Don't miss this one! We will meet this Saturday the 19th in Oakwood (just off I-74 east of Champaign). We will meet at the McDonald's. If you wish to eat, be there at 7:00. If you do not wish to eat, but want to fish, be there by 8:00...........sharp!!! Canoeing and wading are both good options. If you are coming, please reply to this post below.

cya there.

O.K. Sounds like McDonald's it is. I'm bringing the boat. Got confused with the calendar announcement, reproduced below.

Event Date: 19-September 09 (Single Day Event)

This will be a wade/float outing. Please contact Steve Jordan if you will be attending (skjordans@yahoo.com).

We will meet at Oakwood Ill, I74, exit 206, at the truck stop just north of McDonalds. Breakfast at 7:00 a.m., leave to fish at 8:00a.m.

what I plan to do is bring the canoe and if it is really low, I will wade with the boat in tow behind me. That way, after I get done walking upstream a ways, I can jump in the boat and paddle back to the truck. If it looks like there is ample water for paddling, then I will go ahead and paddle downstream and fish 3-4 miles with another vehicle at the take out.

It was nice to meet some new members and catch up with some old ones. Only fished for about 3 hours a friend from Champaign and I managed about 10 or 12 fish, nothing over 15".I picked up one fish on a buzzbait and the rest on tubes. My friend Rodger caught all of his on a spinner. All my fish came from the deepest water in pools and hit very light. I felt that if we could have stayed out longer the bite might have been better as the day warmed up. Only managed one or two fish per spot. Hope to get out a little more this fall maybe on the Kankakee ,Ind. or meet again at Oakwood. I'll try to post ahead of time. Thanks to everyone who came out.

Phil

Brian and I fished a section of the Salt Fork. Spent about 8 hrs on the river. I ended up with around 12-15 smallies. Most were in the 10-12 inch range. Did manage 1 slightly bigger but not by much. Think Brian has a pic of it somewhere. All my smallies came on spinning gear, half on 4 inch shaky worms, other half on a Bass Pro 3.5 inch craw. Rigged both on 1/16 slider head. All in all good day on water although no giants.