I found this to be odd.

Terry Dodge

Today in the Rockford Register Star a person reported catching a Rainbow Trout out of Pine Creek at White Pines State Park.

I was surprised that the fish even made it through the warm water period. Does this seem odd to anyone else? I'm not questioning

whether the fish was caught or not, I do believe the fish was caught, I just thought it was odd. From what I understand trout

can't survive in waters when the temp is over 70 degrees.

hi terry I dont think its odd. we have caught them in the fall for several years out there. up stream there is some nice holes. Some deep holes.You have just reminded me where I should be fishing since the river kill.thanks ;) if you get a chance try it you will enjoy! nice variety when you find them.

with the colder than normal summer i can see the trout holding over.pine creek is nice but no wading is allowed. rich

Rich . . . just tried sending you a PM, but the response indicated that "This member cannot receive any more PM." What's up? Over capacitated? Steve

I have never fished for the Trout and I'm not sure if I ever will. I think it's great to see them in this area this late into the year but what are the

chances of a Trout in Pine Creek making it through the winter? Obviously I don't know much about Trout.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently followed the pine creek up as far as i could, railroad tracks end of park property. Really nice large pool at end.I think that pool is deep enough to hold large trout, smallies,muskies, lmbass,pike,carp,rockbass,crappie,bluegill&the other liitle darters& such. nice CLEAR water RIGHT NOW!! You should go. Bring the kids, some worms,minnows,tents cots,sleeping bags,binoculars. Look for the white squirells. lots of trails some are rough. you should go the weather is perfect for camping, water clarity is great. any way some of the bluff walls are under cut and they hold some nicefish. nice variety,each bite can be a different fish. Work at it you might catch a 15inch SMALLIE. B) If nothing else the family will be outdoors having a family memory over a campfire. Plan it for a no moon night break out the telescope, show the kids the galaxy.. SIDE NOTE.. please be nice to these fish some of theyre young will slowly repopulate the ROCK RIVER. would love to take a canoe from white pines down to the ROCK RIVER. any one intrested??